“The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives” star Taylor Frankie Paul is celebrating a very positive milestone after closing on her first home as a solo buyer—in the wake of a turbulent few months in which her personal life has been once again thrust into the spotlight.
Paul, 31, documented the emotional moment in a candid Instagram video, filming herself signing the paperwork to seal the deal on the Utah abode, before posing for photos with a giant key and confetti.
The reality star, who split from her on-again, off-again boyfriend, Dakota Mortensen, in May 2025 following a spate of domestic violence allegations from both parties, credited her mother, real estate agent Liann May, with helping her to find her dream abode, before reflecting on the tumultuous chapter in her life that ultimately led her to make the purchase.
“Officially a solo home owner and thank you to the best real estate agent in Utah, Liann May,” she wrote in the caption. “I see the sadness through the excitement but I am trying.”
It marks the first time that the mother of three has owned her own abode, having previously revealed that she has spent much of her adult life renting.

Paul previously teased her homeowner era during an Instagram Story on May 6, where she revealed, “I just bought my first house on my own. [I had] been renting for years.”
The home purchase comes after a difficult year for the Hulu personality, whose highly publicized relationship with Mortensen played out both online and on-screen during recent seasons of “The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives.”
Paul and Mortensen—who share son Ever together—split after a series of explosive public allegations and legal disputes, including domestic violence accusations that made headlines earlier this year.
The reality star has since been open about wanting a “fresh start,” previously sharing emotional videos of herself packing up her former home while navigating the breakup and co-parenting challenges.
Now, however, Paul appears focused on rebuilding her life independently—with the new Utah property symbolizing a major turning point, both personally and financially.
It comes just weeks after prosecutors revealed that they would not file charges against Paul following an investigation into domestic violence allegations made about her and Mortensen, 33.
The former couple were locked in a bitter legal battle for weeks, after it emerged in March that the pair had been involved in a domestic violence incident the previous month—news that prompted ABC to yank Paul’s season of “The Bachelorette” from the air just hours before it was due to premiere.
In April, a judge ruled that Mortensen must stay at least 100 feet away from Paul until their next court hearing on April 30, while also barring him from contacting her by phone or email. He was also told he cannot go to Paul’s Utah home.



However, the same judge, 3rd District Court Commissioner Russell Minas, also ruled that Mortensen will continue to have temporary custody of their 2-year-old son, with Paul given up to eight hours of supervised visitation per week.
Paul also shares daughter Indy, 8, and son Ocean, 5, with her former husband, Tate Paul.
“I have concerns going both ways,” Minas said after reviewing Paul’s and Mortensen’s dueling petitions, in which Paul described her ex-boyfriend as an “abusive individual,” according to The New York Times, which obtained the documents.
Later that same month, the Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office declined to press criminal charges.
“Cried when I got the call. THANK YOU to those that have stood with me,” Paul wrote on her Instagram when she learned about the update.
Meanwhile Mortensen shared his own statement in which he apologized to anyone who had been wrapped up in the bitter spat with his ex, writing: “I regret not stepping away from the difficult cycle sooner. I’m not perfect, and I take accountability for my part.
“I’m sincerely sorry to those I’ve hurt. At the same time, I don’t agree with how this situation has been portrayed publicly. It does not reflect the full context of what occurred or the impact it has had on me and my son.
“Over the past several weeks, I’ve taken a step back and had time away from the chaos. That space has been a breath of fresh air and has given me clarity. My focus now is where it should have been all along—on my son and creating a stable, healthy environment for him moving forward.”
Just days before learning she wouldn’t be criminally charged, Paul announced that she was cutting ties with the Mormon church.
